Saturday, November 27, 2010

Why I'm Scared to Call Myself an Animal Lover

     I've always been haunted by the dead. Not the paranormal kind in tv shows and movies, but by the millions of deaths that humans have neglected, despite the common knowledge of it pressed in our minds. In recent events, particularly at 10:52 p.m. tonight, I was faced with this haunting again by a message on facebook. But this time I feel that I must express this guilt before I start shoving it in again.


  Articles involving mistreated, abused, and killed animals I've tried to avoid, to be honest. But its not because I don't care, its because I didn't want to be affected by it. And I think a lot of people are ignorant about it too because of the same thing. We play innocent and cover our eyes and ears from the blood, tears, and scream that these poor beings cry out. 

Even now I still have a hard time wiping away the guilt. The world might be changing for the best but sometimes it feels like it isn't enough. I still hope for the day that animals won't need to cower in fear and be treated with such brutality. I hope that people can become more active against animal cruelty. I'm aware I'm at fault too. I do care for them greatly, and I know I need to stop running away from the reality that these animals face everyday. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you felt that way. I'm glad you are expressing the way you feel and raising awareness is definitely a way to help.

    ReplyDelete